Skip to main content

My Olympic Ribbon Gymnist

This is really a have to be there kind of moment. Arama Teancum is quite a character most of the time. When he is in a good mood, he is hilarious! We have been working hard at cleaning up our farm over the school holidays. Nauvoo had found a roll of white ribbon in the rubbish pile we were loading for the tip. Teancum had the brainstorm with the wind so strong as it was he had the idea to make it fly.

At first I thought to growl him for being on top of my car.... yes on top of, I mean he is almost 6ft already. but then took a chill pill and found my "olympic ribbon gymnast. He was making that ribbon go! I figured the reason he was on top of the car was to get more height. I think I 'll buy him a Kite!





The photo's that show dotted white lines is the ribbon in circular motion... My phone camera is not the best but it gives you a good taste of what he was doing...

Gold medals all round! lol!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flashback - Rotten teeth?

I was putting the boys to bed the other night, and as usual you go through the usual teeth toilet, bed etc... I asked Rakai, did you brush your teeth? He said no. (He was honest) So, I said, "do you want your teeth to fall out while you are asleep?" He answered with a sad look on his face, "yes, cause then I can get some money". Oh that was such a Rakai thing to say!! I had to counter that (trying not to laugh) by telling him that the tooth fairy doesn't give money for rotten teeth! Then, Hikawera pipes up saying he got $5 for a rotten (dead actually from being banged) tooth that the dentist had to pull out. I had to go into real damage control then!! Rakai comes out with the funniest things sometimes. He is golden. 

The Nastiest bug creates a war Zone

This entry has no photo's but as you read on you will see why. I did however need to be recorded for posterity!!! and to say We survived. Renata had been at school only 2 days, He went to his Last Montessori   Class on a Thursday. Friday morning Came and he began to throw up. Within the next 3 days 5 of my 6 children were down with the nastiest vomiting/diarrhea bug I have ever encountered. Arama was away on business, so I was on my own. This bug has had a reputation in our community, taking no prisoners and not missing any members of the family. Yes that bad. I was grateful Arama was away, but my big boy was due to go on his Pinacle Camp for a week with school on the Monday. I prayed that he would not get it. It was Fast Sunday the Sunday before so we both fasted he would not get sick before or ON his camp. (his first 2 days was a 2 day treck in the bush and the only way out was via rescue helecopter – not an option thanks) Just the thought of him possibly gett

It has returned!

Our day started as usual yesterday, 5am get up and start getting things ready for the boys. Thursday was a little different in that at 5:30am it hit! I felt like I was in labour again! but it completely immobilized me. (and if you know me that is hard to do - I think I am related to the ever ready bunny some days.lol) So strange. So, my darling wisked me off to the 24 hr A&E. After a day of tests and waiting we have found my ovarian cyst has returned... or rather a new one has grown. A humble 5cm ovarian cyst the cause of all the pain!! I guess I have been lucky for the last 14 years not to have anything BUT all is ok now. We are "watching" it and I feel good today... but glad to be in NZ for the good medical care and awesome medical insurance!!