Skip to main content

Red, Black and Gold - Nauvoo Netball debut

It was a gorgeous day about 3 weeks ago on Saturday, so the camera came out to snap a few photo's of the kids at their saturday sports.
The boys are with Helensville Rugby Club and Nauvoo is with Kaukapakapa Netball teams (organised by her school).

We were also very fortunate that ALL of the kids games were at the one venue. How is that for Luck!!! First was the family photo..

Hikawera's Game came first. He is sooo cute!! When he played his first game he was just so happy to be out there, but we couldn't understand why he seemed frozen on the spot fixated on the sky then whilst his team members were running around the field he stood there and exclaimed pointing to the sky, "Look a hot air balloon!" What were we there for again??? As a serious Rugby family we did what we could. Shook our heads and laughed. (Then prompted him to play the game) It is Hikawera's first real team sport so we are very proud of him.

Now, he is doing so well. He has learned to Rip, run and score. He has brought home 2 player of the day certificates!! WEll done son!

Now back to my Nauvoo. I must say, when I was carrying Nauvoo, I was not sure if I was ready for a girl. SO glad Heavenly Father knows best. I knew after I gave birth to her that she would change my life. She has. I am so blessed to have my daughter in my life. Being the only girl in our family, she is amazing. Now, before I get choked up and carried away I will revert back to topic.
Isn't she just beautiful!. It was an exciting day for all to support Nauvoo in her first Netball game. She was all ready to go, and when the time came She and I walked down to the courts. Here is her warming up with her team.


Her face says it all.

That day she played Goal Attack, Goal Shooter, Centre and Wing Defense. How? They play 2 games each week (unless there is a bye) and there are 2 halves to each game. To get these first year girls learning the different positions they are rotated around. Nauvoo does really well. She is a natural at passing and catching. She loves to run - and now her coach has told her not to be so "polite" on the court, she is really progessing. So proud of my daughter!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

teaching independance

I like to think I encourage independance in our home. Helping our kids to be confident that they can do many things on their own. making themselves something to eat is one of these things. For the older boys, I have taught how to cook, the younger ones it is making a sandwich, or whipping cream, making cordial drinks (which they are sooo much better than me now)  even mixing pancake mixture.. Since we watched the Junior Masterchef competition on TV, our kids have really enjoyed getting in there. Arama has made dinner for almost the last week and a half. It was first a trade off so he wouldn't do the dishes after but he seems to be enjoying it. I am more than happy to accomodate too as they will be able to feed themselves when they get bigger - mission etc. Hikawera has also risen to the challenge or mastering the skill of getting himself something to eat. He often hums when he does it (that means he is happy). This day, I watched him place out the 5 slices of bread and them syst

The Nastiest bug creates a war Zone

This entry has no photo's but as you read on you will see why. I did however need to be recorded for posterity!!! and to say We survived. Renata had been at school only 2 days, He went to his Last Montessori   Class on a Thursday. Friday morning Came and he began to throw up. Within the next 3 days 5 of my 6 children were down with the nastiest vomiting/diarrhea bug I have ever encountered. Arama was away on business, so I was on my own. This bug has had a reputation in our community, taking no prisoners and not missing any members of the family. Yes that bad. I was grateful Arama was away, but my big boy was due to go on his Pinacle Camp for a week with school on the Monday. I prayed that he would not get it. It was Fast Sunday the Sunday before so we both fasted he would not get sick before or ON his camp. (his first 2 days was a 2 day treck in the bush and the only way out was via rescue helecopter – not an option thanks) Just the thought of him possibly gett

Flashback - Rotten teeth?

I was putting the boys to bed the other night, and as usual you go through the usual teeth toilet, bed etc... I asked Rakai, did you brush your teeth? He said no. (He was honest) So, I said, "do you want your teeth to fall out while you are asleep?" He answered with a sad look on his face, "yes, cause then I can get some money". Oh that was such a Rakai thing to say!! I had to counter that (trying not to laugh) by telling him that the tooth fairy doesn't give money for rotten teeth! Then, Hikawera pipes up saying he got $5 for a rotten (dead actually from being banged) tooth that the dentist had to pull out. I had to go into real damage control then!! Rakai comes out with the funniest things sometimes. He is golden.