Skip to main content

"Worst Ive ever seen"


A couple of weeks had passed since our place was flooded out and not a lot was getting done, inside. I was feeling quite overwhelmed, knowing we would have to return back to the farm soon, So my dear friend Looie came to my rescue AGAIN… I tell you there is SOOOO a place in Heaven for this amazing woman!!!

Friday was the day. My 2 little ones, and her youngest son (she has 7 children) played out on the farm while Teancum, Looie and I tackled the house. It was no mercy, clean up. A great time to throw out and not look back. Probably not the way my son was planning to have his teacher only day but sooo needed his help.  We made great progress. We stripped, cleaned and washed.

As it was a beautiful day and we were laying underlay and  savable carpet on the deck by the main house to dry. I reminded looie not to fall down a hole in the deck where a piece had been broken off, so what did I do?? You guessed it. Fell down the hole myself!
The Culprit!


Wow!! Such a dumb thing to do – and boy did it hurt! I fell through as far as my leg would fit which was about mid thigh and  felt my knee twist at the same time. Not good.  I got my composure and pulled myself up. I was still able to walk on it. Good sign. I was almost back to our place to do some more when I felt it through my pants. Not Good. I realized I had banged my Varacous Vein on that leg too. My knee was now 3 times as big as it should have been and hard as a rock. Bruising had already started coming up.

Looie kept asking me to go to the doctors, I could not see where I was going to find the time. I wanted to finish the house, did not want to sit there while my friend and son did the rest of the work. We had  the Youth Dance Festival that night in town which Teancum was performing in too… so doctors seemed unimportant.

You know when you have a rteally sore something with kids it ends up being a target… Yeh bulls eye was my knee and it was being hit regularly..

Saturday morning was chaotic as ever. 2 Finals and one Rep game to try to get to. Nauvoo’s netball final which I was helping to coach, then off to Teancums final and Araama was going to take hik, and kawea to their games then meet at T’s.

On the way home. I decided it was time to go to the doctors. 3 hours later I came out with crutches, which was such a relief not to have to bear the pain of walking. The nurse exclaimed, “That is the worst bruise I have ever seen”…. Thank you!!
The next day at the doctors. Hikawera thought it was great to take a photo for me.
Great Shot Son.

The bruising on the outer knee a couple of days later. It just kept getting bigger and bigger.

The inner knee.


So, it is RICE for mum….. Yeah right… a foreign concept for mum in our house but has forced me to slow down a bit…
RICE.. "yeah Right!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nastiest bug creates a war Zone

This entry has no photo's but as you read on you will see why. I did however need to be recorded for posterity!!! and to say We survived. Renata had been at school only 2 days, He went to his Last Montessori   Class on a Thursday. Friday morning Came and he began to throw up. Within the next 3 days 5 of my 6 children were down with the nastiest vomiting/diarrhea bug I have ever encountered. Arama was away on business, so I was on my own. This bug has had a reputation in our community, taking no prisoners and not missing any members of the family. Yes that bad. I was grateful Arama was away, but my big boy was due to go on his Pinacle Camp for a week with school on the Monday. I prayed that he would not get it. It was Fast Sunday the Sunday before so we both fasted he would not get sick before or ON his camp. (his first 2 days was a 2 day treck in the bush and the only way out was via rescue helecopter – not an option thanks) Just the thought of him possibly gett

teaching independance

I like to think I encourage independance in our home. Helping our kids to be confident that they can do many things on their own. making themselves something to eat is one of these things. For the older boys, I have taught how to cook, the younger ones it is making a sandwich, or whipping cream, making cordial drinks (which they are sooo much better than me now)  even mixing pancake mixture.. Since we watched the Junior Masterchef competition on TV, our kids have really enjoyed getting in there. Arama has made dinner for almost the last week and a half. It was first a trade off so he wouldn't do the dishes after but he seems to be enjoying it. I am more than happy to accomodate too as they will be able to feed themselves when they get bigger - mission etc. Hikawera has also risen to the challenge or mastering the skill of getting himself something to eat. He often hums when he does it (that means he is happy). This day, I watched him place out the 5 slices of bread and them syst

Flashback - Rotten teeth?

I was putting the boys to bed the other night, and as usual you go through the usual teeth toilet, bed etc... I asked Rakai, did you brush your teeth? He said no. (He was honest) So, I said, "do you want your teeth to fall out while you are asleep?" He answered with a sad look on his face, "yes, cause then I can get some money". Oh that was such a Rakai thing to say!! I had to counter that (trying not to laugh) by telling him that the tooth fairy doesn't give money for rotten teeth! Then, Hikawera pipes up saying he got $5 for a rotten (dead actually from being banged) tooth that the dentist had to pull out. I had to go into real damage control then!! Rakai comes out with the funniest things sometimes. He is golden.