Skip to main content

Mother Daughter Date - Silver Ferns Vs Australia

In the height of the Netball season the tickets came out for the second game of the New Zealand Silver Ferns vs the Australian Netball team. I thought it would be an awesome experience for Nauvoo and I to go together. (we missed going with the club to a provincial game earlier on in the season as it was on a Sunday). Through the netball club they offered a discount and early bird ticket sales, but I was not too happy with where the seating was (fussy me) so i waited for the general public to go on sale. I have never done anything like this before, and was quite a new experience. I was on the landline phone AND the mobile bang on 9am when the ticket place opened to get out tickets. 15 anxious minutes later I had secured our tickets. I decided to keep it a surprise as it was about 3 months away. September came around and I found that the school production (second night performance) was on the same night. I had to tell Nauvoo about it and she happily gave up performing the second night to come to the game with her 'Mommy'. 

Neither Nauvoo nor I had been to a game like this for Netball before, so we were both excited.. When we arrived we collected the program and a bunch of those blow up clapper things you use to smack together instead of clapping with your hands. We finally found our seats and could not believe how awesome the seats were. They were front row behind the bench in the corner, so we could see the shooting circle, the players AND the court. ( for all you fellow Aussies it was the Australian bench we were behind.) I was excited. Finally something I had planned had come through really awesome.... 





The National Anthems were sung, I was happy to sing both!!

       

The game was FANTASTIC!!! I was amazed. I thought I knew how much they pushed and hustled each other but in real life at the game WOW!! it was soo full on.. It was awesome to see their warm up drills and the skills they have is just .... well they are the best!


 



My daughter was so cute, she said to me, "Mum, aren't you supposed to be cheering for the Australian team too?". Yes of course. I really felt for them because they would make a shot and there would be minimum noise, then when the silver ferns shot, it was electrifying. I am sure it is the same when the NZ team play in Aussie too.. 









                    The final score? 49-50. NZ won.   




Afterwards we lined up for Autographs. The players were soooo graceful and friendly. Nauvoo was specific. I will go and get the NZ team autographs first then go to the Australian.  Sadly for me the aussie team had to go just before we were able to get through for autographs. Oh well next time we'll get them, I know what to do now! 
Nauvoo was able to get 5 autographs and 4 photo's. Such an awesome night. 







I think I have made the benchmark a little high but it was the Best Mother Daughter date so far..... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nastiest bug creates a war Zone

This entry has no photo's but as you read on you will see why. I did however need to be recorded for posterity!!! and to say We survived. Renata had been at school only 2 days, He went to his Last Montessori   Class on a Thursday. Friday morning Came and he began to throw up. Within the next 3 days 5 of my 6 children were down with the nastiest vomiting/diarrhea bug I have ever encountered. Arama was away on business, so I was on my own. This bug has had a reputation in our community, taking no prisoners and not missing any members of the family. Yes that bad. I was grateful Arama was away, but my big boy was due to go on his Pinacle Camp for a week with school on the Monday. I prayed that he would not get it. It was Fast Sunday the Sunday before so we both fasted he would not get sick before or ON his camp. (his first 2 days was a 2 day treck in the bush and the only way out was via rescue helecopter – not an option thanks) Just the thought of him possibly gett

teaching independance

I like to think I encourage independance in our home. Helping our kids to be confident that they can do many things on their own. making themselves something to eat is one of these things. For the older boys, I have taught how to cook, the younger ones it is making a sandwich, or whipping cream, making cordial drinks (which they are sooo much better than me now)  even mixing pancake mixture.. Since we watched the Junior Masterchef competition on TV, our kids have really enjoyed getting in there. Arama has made dinner for almost the last week and a half. It was first a trade off so he wouldn't do the dishes after but he seems to be enjoying it. I am more than happy to accomodate too as they will be able to feed themselves when they get bigger - mission etc. Hikawera has also risen to the challenge or mastering the skill of getting himself something to eat. He often hums when he does it (that means he is happy). This day, I watched him place out the 5 slices of bread and them syst

Flashback - Rotten teeth?

I was putting the boys to bed the other night, and as usual you go through the usual teeth toilet, bed etc... I asked Rakai, did you brush your teeth? He said no. (He was honest) So, I said, "do you want your teeth to fall out while you are asleep?" He answered with a sad look on his face, "yes, cause then I can get some money". Oh that was such a Rakai thing to say!! I had to counter that (trying not to laugh) by telling him that the tooth fairy doesn't give money for rotten teeth! Then, Hikawera pipes up saying he got $5 for a rotten (dead actually from being banged) tooth that the dentist had to pull out. I had to go into real damage control then!! Rakai comes out with the funniest things sometimes. He is golden.